Got a fractured or broken tooth? You deserve a crown! It is a cap-like prosthesis that looks and function like the real tooth. Dentists usually advise people with decayed tooth or damaged fillings to invest in crowns. The cap is also used to protect the newly treated tooth against reinfection. Plus, it can also be a good option if the person needs a cosmetic enhancement to their smile.
Crowns surely have amazing benefits. Isn’t it cool to invest in such? We at Artistic Smiles of GA provides crown made from porcelain. If you need one, don’t forget to give us a call. Our team is willing to help you with any of your dental concerns. And if you find your knowledge about dental crowns limited, read some of its essential facts below.
Fantastic Facts About Dental Crowns
Crowns fabricated from porcelain materials are stain-resistant
The teeth and the crowns both function and appear similarly. Nonetheless, in terms of their characteristics, they might have a slight difference. For instance, porcelain crowns cannot absorb stains as well as bleaching agents, while the real teeth can.
The prosthesis is tooth-saving
The problematic tooth can be revived through the use of a crown. It is fitted on the tooth to safeguard, strengthen, and keep the outer structure functional for years.
Patients will receive two types of crowns: temporary and permanent
As what the famous cliche says, “everything takes time.” Well, this is true with the application of dental crowns too! For the patient’s first visit, it is when the preparation of the tooth that needs the prosthesis will take place. Whether the person likes it or not, their pearly white will be scraped off to make room for the crown. So to cover the newly altered tooth, the patient will receive a temporary crown while the permanent one is being made in an off-site lab.
Facts About The Aftercare Of Crowns
For temporary crowns
- As much as possible, do not chew using the side of your mouth where the dental crown is bonded.
- Do not consume sticky or hard-to-chew foods.
- Hard foods can dislodge the prosthesis. Be sure to avoid munching raw vegetables, ice, or candies.
- Contact the dentist right away if you experience problems with your crown.
For permanent crowns
- Like the temporary crowns, it is not recommended for patients to eat chewy foods after the placement of the prosthesis. Wait for at least 24 hours before consuming them.
- Floss and brush normally.
- Use saltwater rinse to wash and soak the treated site. Do this two times per day for five days.
Let us at Artistic Smiles of GA help you with your teeth problems. If you avail of our Porcelain Crowns in Suwanee, GA, you can restore the functionality and aesthetics of your teeth.