Nowadays, there are a lot of whitening options available in the market. But instead of doing people a favor, the wide variety of choices caused them to have a hard time choosing the right one to consider. When picking a whitening solution, it should not be about the cost or quickness. To make sure that only the best results can be achieved, here is a list of the most common products and their pros and cons we at Artistic Smiles of GA have prepared.
As its name implies, this particular teeth whitening product is shaped like a pen with bristles on its end. To use, it is like painting the whitening agents directly on the teeth. The solution would then be left in contact with the teeth for an hour or two.
- Pros: Price wise, anyone will be enticed in considering the whitening pen. Plus, among the other options available, visible results can be experienced even in just a single application!
- Cons: Using a whitening pen is not the best option for people with increased saliva production since it becomes more difficult for the whitening agent to hold on the teeth. The product is also most effective only for the front teeth since reaching the ones at the back is challenging. Unfortunately, if left on the teeth for more than three hours, an increase in teeth sensitivity will be experienced.
Some people who claim that mixing baking soda and crushed strawberries can be used as a teeth whitening cream while others are rinsing with warm water and lemon juice. But are these effective?
- Pros: This option is ideal for people who are worried about harmful chemicals in whitening products and people who are cautious spenders since they are typically found inside food cabinets and refrigerators.
- Cons: The effectivity of these teeth whitening hacks are questionable. Plus know that lemon juice is acidic and baking soda is abrasive. Using this means may even cause more trouble than good.
- Pros: It is the cheapest option anyone can easily gain access to.
- Cons: Whitening toothpaste only works by preventing teeth stains from getting worse, not remove them. There are also toothpaste products that can be too abrasive for the teeth which, when used, causes the enamel to wear down.
Getting this particular dental treatment usually requires two dental appointments. First is the taking of impressions to serve as the model for the custom creation of whitening trays. Once done, the second visit should be scheduled for the dentist to check the fit. If adjustments are no longer necessary, our dentist at Artistic Smiles of GA will provide the trays to the patient along with the whitening agent and some instructions.
- Pros: Dental professionals agree that using custom-made trays when whitening the teeth are ideal. Not only is it easy and convenient to use, but patients can also expect a high success rate.
- Cons: The usual cons patients experience is the normal sensitivity that occurs after any teeth whitening procedure. Using desensitizing products before its application will help limit or even eliminate possible sensitivity.
Give your smile a boost at the comfort of your home! Book an appointment with Artistic Smiles of GA to avail of our Teeth Whitening service in Suwanee, GA. We are located at 1500 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Suite 260, Suwanee, GA 30024.